Energy Drinks Almost Kill Husband And Leave Giant Hole In Skull While His Wife Is Pregnant

While pregnant with her first child, Brianna experienced the unthinkable. There’s really no other word for it.

Brianna and Austin were so excited to meet their baby boy. But one morning, Brianna’s mother-in-law called with devastating news. “Austin had an accident” she told the confused mom-to-be.

After a two-hour drive to the hospital, Brianna learned that Austin had had a brain hemorrhage. But the reason behind the sudden horror was just as unexpected.

Austin started drinking energy drinks ever since he picked up longer work hours and had to commute more frequently. It became a habit and pretty soon Austin was drinking them excessively, and doctors say they’re ultimately what caused Austin’s brain hemorrhage.
“After two weeks of living in a hospital, wondering if he would survive or be taken from us, we made our way back home,” Brianna wrote on Facebook. “The time had come for me to deliver our baby.”

Scroll down for Brianna’s incredibly raw and emotional story, along with beautiful photos taken by Sara Endres, a photographer from Sacramento, California.

Sara describes the shoot as a “very real, and very moving session” and you’re about to see why…
Love is not the little things. It is not the phone calls, the dates, or even the memories. Love is knowing you would sacrifice things that you didn’t even know you could sacrifice. Love is selfless.

Have you ever felt your life shake ? Have you ever been hit with so much emotional turmoil to the point where everything around you becomes fuzzy and shaken? Your lungs feel tight and for a brief second you can’t do anything. You are unable to move, unable to think, unable to even react. I have. I experienced something I never thought I would experience…all while nine months pregnant with my first child.”

Surgery was already in motion… and after an agonizing 5 hour wait, we got to see him. But while everyone was focused on the almost unrecognizable face hooked up to all sorts of machines and tubes, all I could see was his parents. I saw the light leave his mother’s eyes as she saw her motionless son laying in that hospital bed. I saw his father break down crying as he held onto his wife.

They didn’t know if the life they created together would even wake up.

Watching this family — my new family, who I have grown to love and be a part of, be so shattered and broken…that is the worst feeling I have ever felt.”
After two weeks of living in a hospital, wondering if he would survive or be taken from us, we made our way back home.

The time had come for me to deliver our baby.”
When the baby was only a week old, I left him with my in-laws.

I knew I needed to see Austin. I needed to tell him that our baby was here. To tell him how much we needed him.”

At a little over 2 months old, our son finally met his dad. A day I wasn’t sure I would ever see. That was the day that my heart gained some of its happiness back.

Some time after that he could finally come home to me. Our life isn’t normal. There are doctors visits and hospital trips — so many that I loose count.

But we are here. Fighting.

Until then, I will never give up on him. Because love is selfless, and I love him more than life itself.”

https://www.littlethings.com/energy-drinks-brianna-austin/amp/

Post a Comment

0 Comments